What is Energy Management System?
ISO 50001:2011 specifies requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving an energy management system, whose objective is to enable an organization to follow a organized approach in achieving continual improvement of energy performance, including energy efficiency, energy use and consumption. ISO 50001:2011 specifies requirements applicable to energy use and consumption, including measurement, documentation and reporting, design and procurement practices for equipment, systems, processes and personnel that contribute to energy performance.
ISO 50001:2011 applies to all variables affecting energy performance that can be monitored and influenced by the organization. ISO 50001:2011 does not prescribe specific performance criteria with respect to energy. ISO 50001:2011 has been designed to be used independently, but it can be aligned or integrated with other management systems.
ISO 50001:2011 is applicable to any organization wishing to ensure that it conforms to its stated energy policy and wishing to demonstrate this to others, such conformity being confirmed either by means of self-evaluation and self-declaration of conformity, or by certification of the energy management system by an external organization.
Rising energy costs and increasing regulatory pressure to reduce greenhouse gas emissions are making the need for effective energy management a priority for all organisations.
ISO 50001:2011 is the International Standard for Energy Management. It provides organisations with a recognised framework for understanding significant areas of energy use, integrating energy efficiency into management practices and facilitating continual improvement of energy performance. Prove that your business is managing energy use effectively; that you’re reducing your greenhouse gas emissions; and you’re working to meet environmental targets.
Having your Energy Management System independently certified will demonstrate to your stakeholders your commitment to energy reduction, best practice and sustainability.
There is an obvious need today to conserve energy. This is not only in our personal lives but also in our official life. We need to keep a tab on energy sources that we use at office and how we can improve our energy quotient. So how can you have this controlled in your office? With the help of an ISO 50001 Certification or an energy management system.
We at TNV make sure that the entire certification process is simple and easy. We understand your existing set up first and figure out the drawbacks when compared to ISO 50001 certification requirements.
What is Energy Management System?
It is a quality system model that aims at continuous improvement that is focused towards the energy management of a company. When you implement a certification like this, you can be assured to integrate energy management as the top priorities of the company.
We will understand your business better to know the areas of your organisation that needs to be developed. If all the requirements are in place, we will assess the different implementations and proceed with the EMS quality certification.
Benefits of Energy Management System:
Such a certification would prove that your business is a responsible one and keeps energy management as its most important target. You would be able to grow better and also increase profits easily.
What is the difference between ISO 14001 and ISO 50001?
ISO 50001 can be used in isolation or in conjunction with ISO 14001. Whilst ISO 14001 will help you identify and manage the generic environmental aspects, ISO 50001 offers a very specific focus in the area of energy.
ISO 50001 will help you to implement the processes necessary to understand your baseline energy usage and establish an energy policy, action plans, targets and energy performance indicators for reducing energy consumption.
So if energy is a significant cost to your business then ISO 50001 may be an appropriate first step or a valuable addition to your existing environmental management system.
Specifically ISO 50001 will:
1. Significantly reduce energy costs through measurement and management of energy consumption
2. Reinforce good energy management behaviors throughout the business
3. Promote energy efficiency throughout the supply chain
4. Evaluate and prioritize new energy-efficient technologies
5. Increase your range of new business opportunities and meet contractual obligations
6. Increase stakeholder confidence and enhance reputation
7. Integrate with existing management systems such as ISO 9001 & ISO 14001
More Specific Benefits of ISO 50001:
1. Significant Savings.
2. Improve overall performance to cut energy consumption and bills
3. Reduced carbon emissions and meet government reduction targets
4. Mitigate effects of future legislation.
5. Open opportunities for energy innovation.
6. Measure and monitor energy use to identify where to improve efficiency
The Certification Procedure is a multiple-step process. The certification cycle is described briefly:
1. Application for certification from client in TNV-F001-En
2. Offer from TNV Certification Pvt. Ltd. in TNV-F003-En
3. Offer acceptance from client and order confirmation by TNV Certification Pvt. Ltd. through agreement in TNV-F004-En
4. Pre audit (at Client prudence)
5. Certification audit - (Stage 1 + Stage 2)
6. Issue of certificate on successful completion of certification audit
7. Surveillance audits at defined interval
8. Recertification audit after 3 years
How to apply for ISO 5001:2011:
Client may ask TNV showing its intent to apply for the ISO 50001 in form TNV-F001-En and may submit to TNV address or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, after completing the application review we may accept or reject the application, TNV may requires more information if required, if application is accepted