Transition to ISO 9001: 2015 standard
MAIN CHANGES IN ISO 9001:2015 :
1. An explicit requirement for risk based thinking to support and improve the understanding and application of the process approach.
2. Fewer prescribed requirements.
3. Less emphasis on documents.
4. Improved applicability for services.
5. Increased emphasis on organizational context.
6. Greater emphasis on achieving desired outcomes to improve customer satisfaction.
TRANSITION PERIOD AND VALIDITY:
1. ISO 9001:2015 was published on 15th September 2015.The International Accreditation Forum (IAF) has agreed to a three years transition period from the publication date of ISO 9001:2015 ie till 15th September 2018.
2. The ISO 9001:2008 will not be valid after three years from publication of ISO 9001:2015 ie after 15th September 2018.
3. The expiry date of certification to ISO 9001:2008 issued during the transition period corresponds to the end of the three year transition period i.e. 15th September 2018.
1. All issues that require client action for compliance with the new requirements should be clearly identified and raised as documented findings.
2. Only when all identified outstanding issues have been appropriately addressed and the effectiveness of the management system demonstrated, can the auditors recommend certification to ISO 9001:2015
3. Records should be available to demonstrate that all prior transition audit findings have been evaluated for corrective action and compliance before any recommendation for approval to ISO 9001:2015 can be made.
4. Evaluation of a client's conformance to the new requirements during the transition phase does not interfere with the client's on-going conformance to ISO 9001:2008.
IMPLEMENTATION REQUIREMENTATIONS FOR ORGANIZATIONS
1. Identify organizational gaps which need to be addressed to meet new requirements.
2. Develop implementation plan.
3. Provide appropriate training and awareness for all parties that have an impact on the effectiveness of the organization.
4. Update existing QMS to meet the revised requirements and provide verification of effectiveness.
5. Where applicable liaise with TNV for transition arrangements.
TNV PLAN FOR VERIFYING CLIENTS TRANSITION TO ISO 9001:2015:
Process for Existing Clients:
1. Download the Guidance document “Transition to ISO 9001:2015 standard” in reference of IAF-ID 09.
2. Communicating to the clients about Transition and Gap Analysis through Guidance document TNV-Transition Plan uploaded on the webstite of TNV.
3. Training for Transition to ISO 9001:2015 for TNV clients (open house training only to desirous clients).
4. The audit required to review transition to new standard can be combined with the Surveillance, Certification or Recertification Audit
5. TNV Clients should inform about the tentative date for the audit to TNV office at the earliest. The organizations will have to implement the QMS as per ISO 9001:2015 for at least a period of six months prior to the transition audit.
6. The Transition audit will be a two stage audit even though if it's a surveillance audit. During the audit the unclosed non conformances from previous audit will be reviewed and evaluated with reference to ISO 9001:2015.
7. TNV will spend audit duration equal to recertification audit duration plus additional man-day as stated in the TNV Transition Plan if combined with surveillance and recertification.
8. The Transition audit, the evaluation of the findings of the audit, closure of the non-conformances observed, evaluation of the corrective actions and compliance to ISO 9001:2015 will be checked prior to recommendation for approval to ISO 9001:2015 by TNV.
9. The complete process should be completed prior to the expiry of ISO 9001:2008 ie till 15th September 2018.
10. In case the Organization fails to conform to ISO 9001:2015 during the audit but conforms to ISO 9001:2008 then the certification to ISO 9001:2008 will continue till 15th September 2018.
Process for New Clients:
1. New clients can opt for either ISO 9001: 2008 or ISO 9001:2015 directly. No certification request for ISO 9001:2008 will be accepted 18 months after the publication date of ISO 9001:2015 i.e. after 15th March 2017.
2. In case the client opts for ISO 9001:2008, the certificate will not be valid for three years but till the last date of the validity of ISO 9001:2008 i.e. 15th September 2018. The client needs to switch to ISO 9001:2015 prior to expiry of certification.
For more information, please contact TNV at firstname.lastname@example.org